We empathize with our friends & neighbors who are currently furloughed due to the partial government shutdown. To honor federal workers there are specials all around the city – see the list here:
- Brookland’s Finest — Federal employees are eligible for happy hour pricing all day.
- Chopt Creative Salad Co – is supporting DC Federal Workers by serving a Warm Bowl to any federal worker from 6-8pm at all DC Metro locations – free of charge with a federal government ID
- City Winery – in Ivy City — Government workers get $1 glasses of City Winery’s label on tap.
- Equinox — Chef Todd Gray’s upscale eatery is offering 20 percent off the check to government workers with a valid ID.
- Carmines - During the shutdown from 2:00 until 4:00 pm daily when our friends in the Federal Government show their government ID we’ll send out an order of meatball sliders on us. All specials available in the bar only; and a bittersweet beverage, the “Hard Times Cocktail” ($6), and Happy Hour menu will be available all day in the bar for as long as the shutdown continues.
- Charlie Palmer – To support government employees during the current shutdown, we're offering a free Buttermilk Fried Chicken Sandwich with citrus slaw, tomato, and cajun remoulade to anyone who presents their valid Government ID.
- DC Brau – They are offering a percentage of any sales in our tasting room to correspond with each day the furlough lingers. Since today is Day 17, furloughed workers will receive 18% off onsite or go purchases today (Thursday, Jan 3). Saturday’s discount will be 15%. Please note, the furlough discount is not valid on Fridays, since flagships are already 50% off.
- District Doughnut – Federal employees receive a complimentary cup of Compass Coffee DC with any purchase during the shutdown at District Doughnut.
- Fairmont DC – Specially priced at $10 the Panda Cam Cocktail is made with White Chocolate Godiva, Malibu Rum, half and half – is rimmed with chocolate crumbs and drizzled with Hershey’s Chocolate syrup. The Panda Cam Cocktail is available in the hotel’s loggia and lobby bar until the shutdown is over.
- Good Stuff Eatery – Purchase a burger, free snack fry, and fountain soda
- GCDC – free grilled cheese sandwiches to furloughed government workers. Our Young American® and a cup of tomato soup will be free. One per customer. Four of our specialty cocktails will be $5 all night starting at 4 pm every night until further notice! Must show government employee ID.
- Hanks Oyster Bar – Government Employees can enjoy 1/2 off select items all day every day!
- Hula Girl Bar & Grill –Free burger and a brew for furloughed workers. Valid with Government ID during Happy Hour Monday - Friday 4:30 - 7:00 p..m at the Bar. Please mention this special prior to ordering.
- Hunter’s Head Tavern, a traditional British style gastro pub serving locally sourced food including Certified Organic/Certified Humane products from Ayrshire Farm, is providing a 30 percent discount to federal government employees and their families. Please find full details in the release below.
&pizza — Free pies for federal employees between 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. during the shutdown.
Gregorys – A short walk from the White House, Department of the Interior, Department of Treasury – are offering government employees who show their IDs a free 12-ounce coffee of any type, including lattes, cappuccinos and more, until the shutdown ends.
Pizzeria Paradiso – all federal employees and contractors (show ID and/or business card) can get two appetizers and a large pizza for $30 at all Pizzeria Paradiso locations at any time of day until the shutdown ends.
Punch Bowl Social’s – Offering a 25% discount on all food, beverages, and games (including happy hour, brunch and specials) to any federal government employee who presents their government ID to their server before ordering. The special does not apply to private parties or merchandise.
Radiator – They are offering a glass of the Furlough Fix, a complimentary cocktail, to all federal employees during the government shutdown. The team is also bringing back the Burger-Beer-Shot combo for $22 and will donate $2 from each combo
Reds Table – Furlough Lunch Menu, available exclusively during weekday lunch service, Monday through Friday, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Created by the two executive chefs, Melddrick Aguilar & Keven Weathers, the new furlough lunch menu invites rank-and-file employees of Uncle Sam to choose one appetizer and one entrée from the pre-selected menu, to be paired with any non-alcoholic beverage for $20 per person (tax and gratuity not included).
Santa Rosa Taqueria – BUY 1 SAUZA margarita, get 1 SAUZA margarita FREE
- Supra – will provide a complimentary happy hour menu item with the purchase of any wine, beer, cocktail, or Georgian soft drink (for example, the restaurant’s tarragon or pear sodas). The restaurant will extend happy hour hours during the shutdown, between 2:00 and 6:00 p.m. Limit one free item per guest and must show federal government ID.
- Taco Bamba — The Chinatown location is offering one free traditional taco to furloughed workers.
- Toki Underground – complimentary “Off the Wall” cocktail, with food purchase for all federal employees. Cocktail is made with vodka, grapefruit, simple syrup and bitter orange.
- 305 Fitness – they are offering furloughed workers, $10 drop-ins during off-peak* classes. Swing by their studio, show your government agency ID, and they will take of ya
- Urbana – they are offering their popular $10 Pizza + Beer special (Margherita pizza and happy hour beer) to all federal employees any time and every day of the week during the government shutdown.
- Via Umbria – Shutdown Special will run until the end of the shutdown. We are offering A free Aperol Spritz with a government ID.
We, The Pizza - FREE FURLOUGH PIZZA FRIDAY! –Free slice of cheese or pepperoni - yup, you heard us...all day...open to close.